|ABOUT THE SWINGSEAT | PRICING & ORDERING | USER GUIDE • CONTACT • FAQs | REFERENCES | HOME |
- "The AeroMotion chair is working very well for me. I always feel supported and have easily found my comfort setting. My back pains are gone after my first 2 weeks of use!" thanks. Bill Gibbard Cardinal Mgmt Solutions
- "The dynamic back support it provides results in unparalleled comfort for the lower back and its automatic range of adjustments are a delight" Harry G
- "your chair was brought to my attention by a gentleman who teaches a lot of people how to use various pieces of computer software. Its hard to believe i would never have known of this chair if not for a casual conversation. I can't sit without it!". Karen Swartz, programmer, HPcorp
- "I received my chair today, thanks! And, I have spent about 2 hours in it, HUGE difference, I am a believer! The support and motion is great, it feels wonderful! Thanks again, Happy Cheryl!".
- "It was a tough decision to spend that kind of money on something i could only see but not touch but i have no regrets. I hope you guys finally get a major distribution agreement with SOMEONE because there are millions of people that could benefit from this chair" John D. Colussa, retired but 12 hours a day in front of my PC
- "After 85 years and 2 painful hip surgeries, the AeroMotion is the only ergonomic chair I can now sit and work comfortably in, and I have tried many". R.D.K., shipping executive
- "I purchased an AeroMotion Chair and sold my Aeron one week later...
the differences are substantial" Steven M., Exec Sales Dir.
- "After thirty years of running, 20 yrs of weight training, and 56 years of age, I have level five severe lumbar degenerative disc disease with multiple ruptured discs. The AeroMotion Chair makes me comfortable and relieves pain..." Dr Jon Sterngold, M.D.
- "Immediate relief from the single greatest cause of back pain for seated workers." Daniel B., Chiropractor
- "I have a bad back and was looking for a chair for my desk that would give me the most comfort and support. I found the right chair when I purchased the AeroMotion. It is amazing how comfortable this chair is. I would recommend your product to others who suffer from back problems." W.H.Biessman, Pres
- "Possibly the first ergonomic chair to meet or exceed all the criteria proposed in the new 2003ANSI seating standards."
- "...provides more back support than is commonly available in today's office chairs".Ergonomic Review of Seating by Rani Lueder,CPE
- "The only chair that needs a video to show how special it is..."
- "This chair just gets better everyday! It feels like it’s just a part of my body. Thanks again. My best, Bud"
- "I purchased an Aeromotion chair and sold my Aeron one week later... the differences are substantial" Steven M., Exec Sales Dir.
- "Your support and followup are outstanding. I though customer service was dead but you guys are great. Needless to say, i couldnt be happier (actually i could have been if i had this chair 2 years earlier!)". Thanks so much, Alyssa Washington Small Biz owner
| "As promised, I wanted to take a moment to give you my impressions about the AeroMotion chair. First, some history. In three years I went through three cheapo Staple office chairs. Welds broke, chair was slanted, wouldn’t rise, numbed my butt...all the above. So for a month I read everything I could about office seating, comfort and design. Surprising to me is that I found many people that were not that happy with their Herman Miller chair. In other words, I was fairly well informed about what was out there and what I didn’t want to buy. I was skeptical when I first read an article about the AeroMotion chair but I finally called late one Saturday afternoon and spoke with you. You confirmed the guarantee and the warranty so I ordered the chair. But.....after the sale, you impressed me that you stayed on the phone and asked me questions regarding back pain and the technology. Your passion about the technology was most impressive. I was convinced that I had chosen the right company. When the chair arrived it went together fairly quickly. After everyone in the house took turns sitting in it, I took it to my office and began a two day journey of adjustments. Tried this that and in no time I found my best fit. By the third day, after the novelty wore off, I noticed that I had not given any thought to sitting all day. Just two days before, and everyday before that, I would walk from my office complaining about the pain of sitting at my desk all day. The usual end of day butt numbness was gone. Something has to make an incredible impression for me to write a letter like this. If you knew me you would know that I’m no wimp....at 49 years, I’m in the gym 6 days a week alternating 'pumping iron' and cardio training...not overweight...in perfect health...and did I mention, a damn good looking man! What surprised me the most was that I could actually feel my butt (and the soreness from that days multiple sets of squats!). No more numbness. And to think that I never have to think about my office chair again. Another 2 days of sitting has passed since I wrote the above. I noticed that I am working later...not necessarily a good thing...but you get the point. Love is a pretty strong word. However, I love my chair. I would pay you not to take it from me. In fact, you would have to pry it from my butt to get it back." |
Thank you! Bud Alston, Dir of Business Development MMC inc
|Back, Neck, Shoulder or Leg Pain? |
No Other Chair Can Support You As Comfortably as the
| "Guess a heavier chair is not going to move around as easily as a lighter, cheaper one. Good to know I can get the other kind of casters if I do change the floor surface. I'm starting to make friends with the chair after a few adjustments. You can tell your customers what I told my husband. We buy the very best mattress because we are on it 6 or so hours per day. I spend 10-16 hours a day, usually 7 days a week, in my desk chair developing real estate business so he can run around chasing it down. What on earth is wrong with investing $400 dollars - or much more - in a chair that will make me healthier, less cranky, and more productive? (Do the math and figure out how much time I spend in the kitchen, laundry room, garden and swimming pool!) Want to reassure you that I'm 58 and the 6 kids have graduated college. I did spend time with them when they were growing. Seriously, there are many who spend the kind of time I do at my computer, and the chair should come even before the mattress. If my relationship with this chair goes beyond friendship, I'll write a real testimonial for you. |
You've been great. Thank you, Nancy R
- “We went from a room full of $800 chairs and lots of aches and pains to a room full of smiling AeroMotion users. Our people simply could not be happier, which makes me feel great, especially at less than half the cost” Lawrence Rheinheimer, Facilities Mgr.
- “…as a digital musician, I can spend 18 hours at my keyboard working on a new piece. The AeroMotion is the only chair I can comfortably use for such long periods. Dude, this chair ROCKS!” Andy L, 26 year old budding rap star.
- “I could not believe any chair could make such a difference in my life. I love this chair and am buying 2 more for my staff” Frank D, State Farm
- “My chiropractor recommended the chair. I was nervous about spending $400, but after just one week, my back and butt pains are almost completely gone. Thank you for this wonderful invention. Without it, I could not go back to work” Barbara R, office manager
- “GSA, the supplier to your federal government, has only 3 chairs in its own ergonomics lab. The AeroMotion chair is one of them. Because at twice the price, nothing is even close…” M.E., ergonomics specialist
Go To SwingSeat Home Page
Look into pricing - shipping - availability
Short detail description and video on the SwingSeat
Independent Medical Review...
Jon Sterngold M.D.
Director, Emergency Services,
Howard Memorial Hospital 1985-1998
MD, 1973, Stanford
Expert Reviewer, CA Medical Board, 1996-2000
"My qualifications to objectively and accurately assess the benefits of the AeroMotion Chair come from decades of work as an emergency medicine specialist, chief of an emergency department and creator of an industrial medicine program. I also ran an orthopedics clinic during the latter part of my career. Back pain is one of the most common problems seen in these sorts of medical practices. Additionally, not only am I the owner of a back myself, its a bad one! I have struggled with back pain for much of my life, despite rigorous athletic pursuits, and have learned about as much as one can in this realm as a patient and a physician-patient. Lastly, I collaborated on a back health book by writing the book proposal for a famous back surgeon.
I have a comprehensive understanding of why backs hurt and what helps treat, manage, and prevent back pain. C.P.E. Rani Lueder's Ergonomic review of seating directly applies to the Aeromotion. I believe that her paper, Anatomical, physiological and health considerations relevant to the Aeromotion, can be boiled down to three basic principles. First, the back needs proper support. Second, the back needs optimal alignment and posture, and third, the back needs to move. The AeroMotion makes all this happen simply and effortlessly.
When one sits in the AeroMotion, the chair seat and back move to provide perfect support as a function of an individuals body size and mechanics. This is accomplished through an initial setup of the chair?s height, back support position, and back support tension. Once dialed in, the seat back and bottom move (swing) into position simply by the effect of gravity and rotational pinning of the parts (the swing seat and the back strap). Because of the elegant design, a very comfortable and back-healthy back/pelvis angle is achieved. Because of the back support itself, normal lumbar and thoracic curves result. This also facilitates a normal and healthy cervical (neck) spine curve as the lower back does not have to work to correct bad posture. Consequently, the upper spine assumes its most efficient support configuration. Because of the angle of the back support and the arc through which it moves as the AeroMotion dynamically adjusts to body movement, the lumbar curve is ideally supported. As the lumbar spine is the most vulnerable area of the back as we age and acquire movement and postural injuries, this support area is critical to maintenance of back health. Additionally, once the lumbar spine begins to degrade over time (they all do), it is even more critical to have the area supported. Though this sounds good on a theoretical basis, the relief of pain and tension is immediate and sustained with continued seating.
The most underestimated source of back pain comes from the sacro-iliac joints. It is not unreasonable to say that nearly three fourths of all mechanical (not directly related to nerve compression in the spine) back pain, and this is the vast majority of all back pain, originates in this area. It is overlooked because this part of the spine, the sacrum, does not have discs to collapse and nerves to pinch. Modern orthopedic medicine tends to look for sources of back pain where there is demonstrable degeneration of the parts as demonstrated on imaging studies such as CT and MRI scans. These imaging techniques cannot demonstrate the degeneration of the lumbosacral (and iliolumbar) ligament. They dont show up on anything other than a good physical exam that looks for tenderness in these areas. In any case, one of the best things that can be done to appease these ligaments that scream out in pain is supportive posturing in the seated position. The ideal lumbar curve and lumbar-pelvic angles are easily achieved with the AeroMotion.
The other thing to know about ligament pain is that ligaments like to move. We know that an immobilized joint tends to "freeze" and efforts to move that joint are met with pain. And we know that ligaments that are painful will hurt less with continued movement. This is one of the most critical aspects of the Aeromotion function. As the chair parts are "suspended", cradling the lower body, natural body movement is facilitated. We"re healthiest when we move all the time. We have the least amount of physical pain with continued movement. As the body is held "swinging" in the chair, both intentional movement and micro-movements are encouraged and supported. It is the combination of ideal back/pelvic/thigh positioning and facilitation of movement that makes the AeroMotion not only comfortable but therapeutic for the majority of back pain sufferers.
For those who have yet to fall into the jaws of the back pain predator, the chair protects the back ligaments from injury by the same mechanisms. Also, as muscular tension that results from poor support and lack of movement pulls on bones and tendons, this source of back pain is mitigated. Finally, the issue of vertebral disc disease should be mentioned. The intervertebral shock absorbers, the discs, become diseased with physical trauma and naturally with age. In the seated posture, the best we can do is to maintain a tension free lumbar curve.
Most non-ergonomic chairs fail to do this. Other ergonomic chairs achieve this more or less, but it is only the Aeromotion that combines natural balanced, dynamic movement with proper posturing and automatic support. After thirty years of running, 20 yrs of weight training, and 56 years of age, I have five level severe lumbar degenerative disc disease with multiple ruptured discs. Interestingly, all my pain comes from my sacroiliac and iliolumbar ligament. And it is the AeroMotion that makes me comfortable, relieves pain, and from which I can get up and straighten up with minimal discomfort. For a guy like me, thats at tall order. Unfortunately, Im rather dependent on "my chair" and when not at home in my beloved AeroMotion chair, its pretty hard to get comfortable."
Dr Jon Sterngold, MD...